Restorative Dentistry From Your Dentist in San Diego
Call Us About Inlays & Onlays Today
- Boost your smile confidence
- Protect a significantly damaged tooth
- Avoid the need for a dental crown with this less aggressive restoration option
- Utilize a single, solid, and highly durable restoration that often lasts between 10-15 years
- Minimize tooth sensitivity to fluctuating food and drink temperatures.
When it comes to dental restorations, at San Diego Dental Specialists, we know that throughout history and even in recent years, the focus was on function and not necessarily aesthetic effect. Now, thanks to advanced dentistry research and discoveries, dentists can deliver both function and beautiful finishes when repairing damaged teeth!
One of the ways we accomplish this is with materials that mimic the look of your natural teeth. This means that while we continue to use silver-coloured amalgam fillings for situations in which they’re likely to provide the most effective and long-lasting results, they aren’t the only restorative options available to patients. Among our alternative options: Composite resin materials for mild to moderate fillings and dental bonding needs, and ceramic “inlays” and “onlays”, which are a single, solid fabricated dental restoration designed to treat larger cavities.
- Inlay – For restorations on or within the chewing surface of a tooth.
- Onlay – For restorations that cover a cusp of the tooth.
Created to precisely fit the shape and size of a tooth restoration once a cavity has been removed, these highly durable options repair and strengthen premolars and molars that have been significantly weakened by decay. After an impression of your cleaned and prepared tooth has been made, our dentist will put a temporary filling in place while lab technicians create your customized restoration. Once complete and in our office, we’ll call you to schedule an appointment to permanently place your inlay or onlay.
Wondering if these options may be right for you? Call us, your dentist in San Diego, today!