Cleanings & Checkups For Your Entire Family
Contact Us About Your Family’s Cleaning & Checkup Today
- Make your oral health a priority
- Treat stains, plaque, and tartar accumulation
- Prevent dental issues
- Build a trusting relationship with your dentist
- Catch and treat cavities and other problems early on.
No matter how old you are, the best and most important step you can take to prevent dental problems in the short and long term is to take good care of your teeth every day. In addition to flossing and brushing twice daily, you should do your best to eat a nutritious diet, avoid sugary foods and drinks, and regularly see us, your family dentist in San Diego, for checkups and cleanings.
According to the American Dental Association, adults and children should undergo exams and cleanings bi-annually, with certain people requiring more frequent care due to their unique oral health needs. For adults in particular, when gum or periodontal disease is a concern, our San Diego dental cleaning dentists may recommend cleanings and exams be done every three or four months to treat and prevent future problems.
Unsure of what to expect during a checkup and cleaning visit with us? Here’s an overview of what you can anticipate while in our care:
- Once you’re comfortably seated in our treatment chair, we’ll examine your gums and teeth, paying close attention to any signs of decay, gum disease, and other concerning symptoms
- We may take x-rays to get a thorough and accurate picture of your oral health condition
- We’ll clean your teeth, remove any existing plaque and tartar, and we may apply fluoride to boost your tooth health
- We may offer guidance on nutrition and diet to improve your oral health.
Make your oral health a priority by calling us today! We’ll be happy to schedule an examination and cleaning appointment that suits your schedule.